Thursday, November 09, 2006

"In the Time of chimpanzees, I was a Monkey"




( tap, tap) Is this thing on?
You are a very sick person to stop what you're doing to read my dribble. I have nothing profound to say nor does biting wit ooze from my pores.
A hack. An impostor. "Impostore!"
A writer? No. Smart-ass at best. A sound bite.
I speak in bumper stickers. Rarely relevant, sometimes funny, but usually just insulting and in incomplete sentences.
A bad taste. A funny smell. An unreachable itch.
Unforgettable yet hard to remember.
A jackass of no trades.
Yet I bring a lot to the table other than an insatiable appetite and bad manners. My own spoon. I shovel down 'grimace proportions' of useless trivia and movie quotes.
What's on the menu?
Slices of half baked similes with a side of mixed metaphors. There is a good chance you will leave with food for thought poisoning.
A bad taste in your mouth and an uncontrollable urge to purge the nonsense force fed to you by friendship.
Don't worry; this cook will not be insulted if you don't come back for seconds.
But if you do, wear your stretchy pants and some comfortable shoes, it's going to get weird.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took you almost a month to get started and then you are just monkeying around!!!

jacqueline said...

ok first off , that made my head hurt! ENGLISH please! Elwapo! go something like this....
i don't love u and u love me, that is the way it seems to be, from the start and to the end, u will be forever endebted to me!
Yeah, u like that, thought so!