Tuesday, February 20, 2007

"Slap it up, flip it, rub it down, oh noooo....."

Happy Fat Tuesday. Even though to a certain doughy Elvis in the lone star state, every day is fat. But happy day to you anyway.
You know what that means, tomorrow starts lent. All you arm chair Christians dust off your bibles and pretend to lead a good life. Have you thought about what you're 'giving up'? No, you can't give up lent for lent. Believe me, I've tried. It's supposed to be something that you like, something that's hard to give up. Don't be a baby, you didn't hear Jesus whine about not having soda for forty days.
This makes think of what I'm going to give up. Do without. Sustain from. After a lot of thought, I came up with a list of items that might be worthy of 'ol JC. I'm going to give up my right to fair trial. My right to know better. I'm giving up my ability to fly. My ability to reason. I'm giving up my dream of being a rock star.(only for lent, the Funky Studmonkeys will make it)
I'm giving up hope in mankind. Hell, I'll give up hope of all kinds. I'll give up good intentions. But most of all, I'm giving up pagan rituals. I'm just kidding God, don't smite me, whatever ever that means.
This brings up a question I always had. Didn't Jesus die for our sins? If this is true, under the double jeopardy law, we can't be held guilty for the same sin twice. Right?
Just in case, I better stop writing now and see if I can find some lepers to help or something. I hear hell can be really humid this time of year.

Smell ya later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW-You're the devil!

Anonymous said...

I must thank you for having the discretion not to add midgets to your wake invite list. As you know I am very sensitive about any reference thereto :)!

Anonymous said...

i just wanna say &*#%$!! to all the $%^#$@*&s who :) :( ;> @@